Ever since the beginning of windows, the blue screen or BSOD has caused dangerous issues for your computer. Well, the video TDR failure is one of the blue screen errors, this error occurs when you are trying to play the video game or video file. Furthermore, the TRD is abbreviated as Timeout, detection, and recovery, it is windows crucial component. Whenever you receive these errors, the graphics card stops responding, it also the windows will stop to fix the driver-based error. Meanwhile, people eagerly want to know the reasons why the windows stop code video TDR failure is occurring in windows. There can be multiple types of causes that might trigger the video TDR failure such as given below:
- Issues are occurring in the graphics card or the other computer parts.
- In some cases, outdated graphics cards are present in the driver.
- Multiple applications are running in the background of your system.
- Presence of over-locked components.
- Compatibility issues in computer
- System overheating
Keep in mind these things are most likely to cause more error moreover Microsoft is yet to address the problem officially to provide the permanent fixation.
- 1 How to Fix the Video TDR Failure Error in Windows
- 2 Simple three fixes to solve this problem
- 3 How to update the display card, chipset drivers?
- 4 Re-install the drivers in safe mode if it solves the Video_TDR Error
- 5 Make the Replacements for the atikmdag.sys or atimkmpag.sys file
- 6 Final Conclusion
How to Fix the Video TDR Failure Error in Windows
It’s essential to fix the error with immediate, yes quick action will help to solve these problems. There are multiple solutions available to solve these problems. Most of the users stated that the error is gone when they are reinstalling or updating the drivers, specifically the graphics driver updates help to rectify the error. Follow the upcoming steps for easy updating. First, you need to press the windows+R key, it will be open the run application. At that time, you have to type the devmgmt.msc key, hit the ok button. It will launch the device manager. Click the display adaptor to make the right click on the adapter to choose the updated driver.
If you want to reinstall, you first click the uninstall device. After the un-installation, move your head over to the manufacturer’s website. A fast Google search of the graphics card brings you to redirect to the correct page. We easily download, install the latest driver which is compatible with your graphics card. After completing the process then you have to restart the computer, test if the issue persists. If the error is not gone after the update process, we would use other methods.
Discord (American Voice Over Internet Protocol) is a famous group-chatting platform. Users may create their server and interact with their …
Simple three fixes to solve this problem
- Update your display card, chipset drivers
- Re-install drivers in safe mode
- Replace atikmdag.sys file or atikmpag.sys
How to update the display card, chipset drivers?
If your PC fails whenever you reset the display driver or recovery process from a timeout, a video TDR failure windows 10 blue screen occurs. It means your chipset, display drive needs the update. The manual driver update is suitable for the chipset update process.
You can update your display card driver manually by using the device manufacturer’s website then searching the most recently used correct drivers.
Furthermore, the essential thing is if the video_TDR_Failure error happens in the laptop, you should go to the laptop manufacturers for the chipset and display driver.
The other simplest option is to go to the automatic driver update. By using this application, you have to easily update your display drivers automatically.
Users do not know what kind of system is running on your computer but you need to take the risk of downloading then installing the online application. Before using the new driver updates application, you need to check the free or pro version of this application with just two clicks.
Re-install the drivers in safe mode if it solves the Video_TDR Error
Every system is inbuilt with the AMD/ATI device driver, but the user does not put the priority on this driver. Despite this driver plays an essential role in the error, so you need to update these device drivers.
Step1: In the first step, you need to go to the safe mode of Windows 10.
Step2: Expand the display adapters in the device manager, make the right click on AMD/ATI/HD Graphic card device, press uninstall.
Note: Furthermore, the system will display the warning message to you and press the ok button for it.
Step3: Reboot the computer into the normal for the normal mode.
Step5: After completing the process, then install the latest version of the Intel chipset driver of your system.
Again reboot the system for try to install the latest version of the ATI/AMD device driver on your system.
Easy Methods to Fix the Err_Connection_Reset – Complete Guide Nothing is as overwhelming as getting your searching session suddenly cut because of an internet connection reset error, mainly when …
Make the Replacements for the atikmdag.sys or atimkmpag.sys file
If you have to try the above methods but the problem is occurring, you go to the replacements of the video TDR failure atikmpag.sys or atimkmpag.sys file. And the same process for the video TDR failure nvlddmkm.sys. Before make the replacements, you need to download the latest version of the ATI/AMD graphics card driver first then go to the driver easily.
- Follow the path C:\Windows\System32\drivers, you need to locate the atikmdag.sys (or atikmpag.sys) file.
- Then make the rename of the atikmdag.sys.old (or atikmpag.sys.old). The essential thing is to change the listed blue screen error in your system.
- After completing the process you need to go to the ATI directory, find the atikmdag.sy_ or atikmpag.sy_.
- Make the copied files on your system. If you can’t find the folder, type the file name in the search box of the start panel.
- Coming to your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Type the CMD in the command prompt. After the process, press the enter key to change the directory of the desktop.
- Type to expand the expand.exe atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys and press the enter key. Otherwise, you have to type expand -r atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. click enter. After completing the expansion then copy the new atikmdag.sys file of your desktop to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Restart the computer and the problem would be resolved.
The Video_TDR_Failure is not the crucial issue in the system despite it being easily solved by using some of the techniques. Meanwhile, it is most commonly an error in the graphics card. You should easily solve these problems with the above techniques. Using these steps users understand how to fix video tdr failure.